My number one grandchild turned 21 a week ago. I am sorry this did not get posted on her very birthday. Life was just too involved then. We usually get to be with Jade on her birthday since it is so close to Thanksgiving. I could not have chosen a better person to be my 1st granddaughter. She is such a wonderful example.
See they all lick the candles because she does!
Wasn't it just yesterday she was this little?
Such a cute little family!
Was Jade always happy?
And a baby sister to love!
Here are a few of the things I love about Jade:
1. She has always been such a good, obedient girl. At one time Seminary was her favorite class. She has had serious talks with her friends about why they needed to get their act together so they could be married in the temple like she plans to. She maintains standards no matter who she is with.
2. Jade has a testimony of her own. This is one of my favorite pictures from when she came with us to Israel. It is in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jade found an isolated bench and contemplated the sacrifice that was made for us and was moved to tears. I was quite a ways off, but was overwhelmed that one so young could feel the spirit and understand. It made the trip worth it for me.
5. Jade is beautiful. She has beautiful eyes and a smile that never quits among so many other things. To enhance her looks she has a sense of style and knows how to dress to look her best.
6. Jade is smart. She works hard in school and is dedicated to getting her nursing degree.
7. She is persistent.Though waiting lists are long for nursing programs, she continues to work to attain that goal. She has her CNA and is working at McKay Dee hospital for IHC while she takes classes. It is just a matter of time until that opening comes for her.
8. Jade is fun to be with. This is in Galilee as she finishes off "St Peter's Fish."
The young Israeli soldiers were very taken by this fun, beautiful girl. Her grandfather stayed very close at hand to be sure they knew how special she really was. Can you just hear her laugh?
On our Israel trip, Jade tried everything: riding camels, donkeys, swimming in the Dead Sea.
Here she sang in St Annes Cathedral in Jerusalem with others who shared her gift of music.
10. Jade is kind and thoughtful. She has empathy and cares for those around her. She extends her loving personality to those around her, including me.
I left off the crutches. Did not want to mention that she broke her foot doing double-dutch jump rope.
Beautiful mother and daughter
It is going to be a wonderful year for a wonderful girl.
I LOVE YOU, JADE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!